8/09/2006

Tokyo #5: Loco Roco



One of the things on my shopping list for Japan was the PSP video game, Loco Roco. It's only available in Japan although I've since learned that it's coming to the US Sept 5th. I still like having the Japanese version - it's more authentic and it makes me practice reading Japanese!
The game has become one of my all time favorites. Not that the game itself is so great, its ok. It's the combination of game, graphics, and music that make so perfect. The style is very simple and graphic but it fit the quirky gameplay. You only use the right and left buttons to tilt the world and make Loco Roco roll right or left. But it's the music and sound effects that really shine. I've had the songs on my mind ever since I first played it. They're wonderfully annoying. I'm not the only one that is so effected. My friend Roy in Tokyo blogged about the infectious music as well. At first I thought they were singing in Japanese but actually it's all made up.
The follow YouTube video will show you what I'm talking about. Warning! If you play it more then once you will be humming it for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment