3/01/2006

Dial H for Hero

25 years ago, almost to the month, I reached my high point in comic book fame - a character I created was published in a DC comic. It's been all down hill from there.

In 1981 I submitted a character design to the DC comic called 'Dial H for Hero'. The premise was that 2 kids used a magic ring to transform into whatever super hero that would help them at the time. The super heros were ones sent in by fans. The 2 would go through a dozen or so super heros per issue so no character was ever there for longer then a page or so. I submitted 2 and, of course, they picked the sillier of the 2. The penciller of the book was actually someone of relative fame. Can anyone guess?

BTW, DC Comics, I'm still waiting for my 'Dail H for Hero' t-shirt I was suppose to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment