5/05/2006

Twin Cities Marathon

I finally signed but for a marathon. I've been talking about doing it all Winter and it will be my first ever. I've done loads of 5 and 10K races over the years but always shyed aways from long distances. I signed up once before about 12 years ago but ended up overtraining and not running.
But for the last year or so I have had no cronic leg problems. Figuring that I'm not getting any younger, I decided that this is the year that I make one, and only one, attempt at a marathon.
A marathon always seems to be the measuring stick for runners. If you tell someone that you run they will probably ask you if you have run a marathon. They don't mean it but it's sometimes deflating to have to sheepish look at the ground and say "No, I haven't".

So hopefully, if all goes well, in October I can say, "Yes, I have run a marathon". After that I might have to work on that other question; "So you've done an Ironman triathlon?"

No comments:

Post a Comment