7/12/2006

Race Report #6: Withrow TT-July

I guess I have to report the good and the bad. :-(

I wasn't feeling all that great about the 3rd TT of the Summer. For the last week I've felt a bit sluggish. No energy for running either. One natural excuse would be the heat but I'm rarely affected and actually perform better in the heat. So I can't use that as a reason.

To shake it up a bit, I decided to see just how hard I could go right from the start. Really test my sustained stamina. Plus my little too cocky neighbor was right in front of me so the idea of catching him then just fading was also acceptable. I actually was doing very well for the first third and had Jeff in my sights (thou clearly I wasn't going to pass him) but then on the northern leg (about half way) I started to get the slight twinge of a stitch so I backed off. Then I kinda lost the mental edge and sat up (eased up) on the southern leg. I cruised in without topping 150 bpm. Down from the 175 of the first leg. I finished about 2 minutes slower then usual.

Not my best performance but it was good failure analysis on my system. Max effort failure led to mental motivational failure.

I won a water bottle from Now Bikes after the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment