10/28/2006

What I'm watching on TV

TV is important - at least to me. I watch a lot of TV but in the last few years I've tried it make it good TV ( good to me) and not just mindless surfing. Have a Tivo makes it easy. It records all the things I like and allows me to watch on my time. Tivo might be the greatest innovation ever.

So here is my list of the 'can't miss' shows.

Battlestar Galactica
The reimagination of this 70s show might be the best on TV right now. And that not just me saying that. They have created a compelling and believable scifi world with people that act and react like real people. They take chances and you never really know what might happen. BSG is exactly why I'm drawn to scifi. What is also very cool is that the creator, Ron Moore, makes a commentary of every episode that can be downloaded for free. Its a fascinating looking into the making of the show.

Lost
What I like about this show is the mystery. I hope it all means something.

Heroes
This is a brand new show so I don't have much history with it but in many ways it has combined what I like about Battlestar Galactica and Lost. A big mystery, scifi themes, and believable characters that I'm already engaged with after only 3 episodes.

There are other shows on the Tivo like 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' and 'The Simpsons' but those three are the ones that I make a point to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment