12/24/2006

Pheasant Hunting


PheasantHunt_08
Originally uploaded by robbiehalvorson.
OK, so I'm catching up on some old news.

Just after Thanksgiving I was invited along on a pheasant hunt in LeSueur, MN. It was Linda's brother in-law, nephews, Linda's Dad Billy, and a bunch of others. I was really looking forward to it because it was my first ever hunting trip. I never was interested in hunt however I did think that pheasant hunting might be fun because it's usually a nice time of year and the hunts walk around most of the day. Unlike goose and duck hunters who have to hunker down in the wetlands or deer hunters that sit motionless in trees.
I did carry a shotgun for a time and took aim at a bird. But I never fired. I was try for the perfect shot instead of just blasting way. I realized that I was having just as much fine shooting my camera so I switched back to the camera for the rest of the day. I have all the photos on my Flickr account. Pheasant photos

No comments:

Post a Comment