11/17/2007

MN State Cyclocross Champ



On Saturday I went to what is considered the last bike race of the year here in Minnesota. I went to shot photos as I don't do cyclocross - yet anyway. Cyclocross is a hybrid of road and mountain bike racing. It involves obstacles that require racers to sometimes get off their bikes and run up stairs or over barriers. Each race is different. Its a great event for spectators because it's a circuit race (allowing you to see the racers over and over) and you can be fairly close to them. You can yell encouragements right in their ear! Or, as in the photo above, offer them shots of whiskey!

I have 80 photos on Flickr but the above one is my favorite. I only got the 3 shots but they were perfectly timed (accident, not planned) to convey the moment.

A guy I ride with at work, Frank Rowe, was also there taking photos. Frank has some nice shots that can be found on his blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment