3/16/2006

Photoshop Presentation

Last Thursday I did a presentation for the Twin Cities Photoshop Users Group. Photoshop, for those that might not know, is a software for manipulating photos or images. My topic was a new feature of Photoshop that allows the creation of high dynamic range images (HDR). For digital artists like me, HDR can be used to create very realistic lighing in 3D scenes. That allows us to combine computer generated (CG) images with photos or video.

The first image here is the orginal 'plate' photo of a room. The second is a shot of the CG objects in Maya (my animation software). The final image is of the CG and photo together. It's not perfect but it was only a demo. It's kinda fun to try to find the tell-tail hints that it's not real. Can you do it? (I'll post some hints in the comments.)







My complete PowerPoint slides can be downloaded. It's mostly graphics and not very self explanitory, but here you go. HDR_Demo.ppt

No comments:

Post a Comment