3/20/2006

Sketch09


This was one of my favorites and one of most enjoyable drawing days I had in 2005. It was while Linda and I were in Tucson for her tennis tournament. Near Tucson is the Air Force 'boneyard' where some 4000 decommisioned jets are stored. There is also a huge air museum there that anyone can wander around. I spend 4 hours walking around the planes, photographing and sketching in the 100 degree desert sun. It was so quiet that I could hear the creaking and groaning of the metal flexing in the heat. It was so cool. The B-58 has always been one of my favorites jets. It's big and fast! It even looks fast sitting in the desert.

When I got back to the hotel I showed the sketches to Rich, the other husband that came along. He glanced at it then put it down. As I was talking about my day he picked up the sketchbook again and exclaimed, "Wait, you drew these?!?". He had dismissd them as something I had bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment