3/26/2006

Surfing

Last April Linda and I went to Costa Rica for my 40th birthday. It was my wish to attend a surfing school so we went to Cork Carroll Surf School in Nosara, Costa Rica with 3 friends. Nosara is a small village that is 2 hours from the nearest big city. The last hour was on gravel, thou the paved road was not much better. We stayed for a week right at the school. It was all inclusive. The food was basic and delicious. If we wanted a beer we simply went to the bar and got ourself one. I felt like I was at my own cabin. Rick, the owner, and his ragged band of surf instructors were wonder and I can't say enough to recommend it. We will be back.

I've uploaded some of my favorite shots to my Flickr site. Many of you might have already seen them. Truth be told, Linda and our friend Ann Lund took many of the shots of us surfing. The surf school is even using some of them on their website, including me on the homepage! The one posted here is one of my favorites. It reminds be of the poster for 'Endless Summer', a surfing movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment