5/13/2006

Non Race Report

I was going to enter the Lake Elmo Duathlon today but the weather was 40 degrees, windy, with a little bit of rain. That pretty much takes the fun out of it for me because just competing is not enough, it has to be fun too. Especially when I have to plop down 50 - 60 bucks for the pleasure - in this case it would have been displeasure. I'm bummed because I was really looking forward to the race. I skipped it last year due to weather (almost the same as today) but did it 2 years ago.
A duathlon is a run, bike, run event like a triathlon but with a 2nd run instead of the swim. The distances for this one were 3 mile run, 13 mile bike, 3 mile run. In the past I completed it in about 82 minutes.
Since the bike portion went within a half mile of my house I decided to get a nice cup of Caribou coffee, park along the course, and snap a few pictures of the athletes. I was secretly hoping to see much anguish on their faces so I would feel better about wimping out. I didn't get my wish but I'm confident that I was having a better morning then they were.


I'm pretty sure that this picture is of someone I bike with at work named Tim Meyer. Very fast guy. I hope it turns out to be him. I got a nice shot.

Update 5-15-06; This turned out not to be Tim. Still a nice shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment