5/12/2006

Surly Brewery Tour


My friend Hal and I went to a open house at a new brewery in town called Surly. They just started late last year making a couple specialty beers for bars only. I had tried at a downtown bar and really liked it. When I found out that it came from a suburb, Brooklyn Center, I had to check them out on the web of course. That's where I found that they were having a tour and beer sampling on May 12th.
The place was small but packed with people. I guess it's a hit! The owner operator, who's Dad owns the building, said that his Fathers business had never had a tour so they must be doing something right. The brand is very fun and they had great t-shirts - I had to buy one. The beers themselves have names like 'Furious' and 'Bender'. They are very flavorful beers howeverI have to say that I wouldn't spend a whole afternoon drinking them.

Ask for Surly at your favorite Minnesota pub because you don't bottle it - yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment