6/19/2006

Pro Bike Race

On Sunday I volunteered to help set up for the final stage of a professional bicycle race that came through town - the Nature Valley Grand Prix. The last race of 5 was in nearby Stillwater, MN so I thought it would be fun. We mostly set up the crowd barricades that line the course. The race they did in Stillwater is called a criterium which is usually a much shorter course and it runs in laps. After I was done I grabbed my camera and concentrated on shooting the womens race because I work with one women in the race. Paula and I both took up the sport of biking about 3-4 years ago and bike with the group at work. In the race she's competing with some of the best women in the world. Amazing. Obviously she's done better then me!
My photos can been seen here.
The offical site is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment