9/18/2006

Big Storm Photos

On Saturday night there was a big thunderstorm that roared through the area. A tornado destroyed part of a suburb about 40 miles away but only skirted us. However it put on quite the light show for us at about 11 pm. Linda commented that it was like the movie 'War of the Worlds'. She was right - the sky was almost constantly ablaze. I couldn't resist, I grabbed my camera and headed for the patio. I set up the camera on my gorillapod and did some 2-4 second exposures. I mostly just continually shot for about 5 minutes. I guess the most interesting thing about this particular shoot was that I was still in only my underwear!

I had to really do some tweaking to make the exposure work but I really like what came out. Out of about 50 shots there were only 6 that had any sharp lighting and these were the 2 best of the 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment