9/09/2006

Martin Zellar photos

Friday night we went to a free concert in the back lot of a church in our town. It seems like Minnesota churches (maybe elsewhere?) have gotten onto the idea of raising funds by putting on concerts and selling beer. Obviously it's working. The band was Martin Zellar, a somewhat famous local singer know for the former band Gear Daddies. If you've ever been to a hockey arena in North America, you've heard Martin Zellar's singing on the 'Zamboni Song'.



I took the chance to try out my digital camera and telephoto in the difficult conditions of shooting with available light and using no flash. As a rule there is actually a lot of light hitting the performers despite the dark surrounding. I tried various combinations of ISO settings and F-stops. As suspected, an ISO of 800 was about right. Martin's black shirt wasn't too hard to separate from the background. Actually I had to do very little post work. I used the beta version of Adobe Lightroom to make some slight adjustments. I'm really liking Lightroom and can't wait for it to be sold. I've used it to organize and tweak my photos all Summer. My only gripe is that the adjustment values have little correlation to the numbers I know from Photoshop. But the ease of tweaking exposure, etc, makes up for it somewhat.

All the photos turned out great. It was hard to pick out the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment