10/14/2008

Boston Scientifc Bike Club



During the week I try to get out for a ride with the guys at work. Around 11:30 a random bunch of people get together for a 20-22 mile ride through the northern suburbs of St Paul. We gather in the parking lot after changing into our gear in the company locker rooms. It's usually a very strong group and it's always fun. Some of us have been riding together at noon for years. Today we had a larger group of 8 people.



On this day I decided to take along my Canon G9 and try my hand at riding and shooting. A feat that can be a bit unnerving. I mostly just shot away without spending to much time thinking about it. Better to watch the road and my mates with at least one eye.



This video is of the hill on Snail Lake Road. It's the last hard stretch before we cool down on the last mile back to work. Most of the time we treat it like the end of a race. Either we stay together as if we were a team trying to launch someone to the top, or it's everyone for themselves.



I have a lot more photos on Flickr. The loop we take, which we call the northern loop, takes us up into White Bear Lake then loops back through North Oaks. It's a really nice urban ride that takes us around a few lakes, along a golf course, and some nice long stretches to really hammer on. Here is the map of our route.





View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment