6/12/2007

6/07 Race Report : Withrow TT

The June time trial was back in the old location that we've used in previous years - unlike last month. The concensis with members was that the roads aren't really that much worse then usual. It was a warm night with a slight SE wind. Great night. There were almost 60 people there which is a really big turnout.

The graph about is the elevation (green), speed (blue), and heart rate (red). Not surprising the speed and elevations are inverse to each other. Speed goes down while climbing hills. What is more interesting is that my heart rate peaks quickly at about 172 bpm then only varies a few beats each way despite the climbing. In the final 2 miles my HR went up to 189 because I really poured it on.

I had a really good result. I nearly beat my personal best over the last 2 years when most everyone else was slowing down. I placed 11th out of about 50 people. Pretty happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment