6/09/2007

Garmin GPS

I bought a new training tool, a Garmin 305 GPS. It is able to track my pace, location, as well as heart rate and some other stuff. I have a 2 year old Timex GPS but it doesn't have nearly the features and is not all in one.

I took it to the TT last weekend but I couldn't set it up in time for the race so I decide to not let it distract me. There will be other races to use it on.

The following image is a screen capture of the computer graph downloaded from the unit. It shows where on earth I was, my speed, and in this case the altitude. Look closely at those numbers. Yup, I was going 400 mph at around 20,000 feet! On the way back from a trip to California, I turned on the unit while we were in a holding pattern for 45 minutes. I was bored. The oval in the bottom corner (yellow) is where we did 5-6 turns before heading north then south again to the MSP airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment